The drug epidemic in our country's suburban towns is saddening, and growing at a horrific rate. According to the CDC, approximately 20,000 deaths in 2014 were due to prescription overdoses, and more than 11,000 were attributed to heroin. Between 2001 and 2014 the heroin epidemic alone increased six-fold.
Shockingly, 1 in 4 women will suffer domestic violence in their lifetime, and 2 million injuries and 1,300 deaths are caused each year as a result of domestic violence.
Outfluence, along with the presenters of the Carroll County Drug and Violence Awareness Expo, aims to help.
Including presentations about addiction, awareness, and violence, the Expo includes the following:
- K-9 Unit by the Carroll Co. Sheriff’s Department
- CPR by Carroll Co. Health Department
- Self Defense by Tri Star Martial Arts
Displays and interactive displays
- SINDE® (Simulated Impaired Driving Experience) provided by McDaniel College from 10 AM – 3:00 PM
- Law Enforcement Display from 10 am-5 pm
- Mobile Command Center
- Armored Personnel Carrier
- All-terrain Vehicles
- Drug Abuse display
- Marked Patrol Car display
- Auxiliary Volunteer Patrol Unit
- Interactive Fingerprinting Station
And much more. Admission is free! Learn more here: http://carrollcountychamber.org/drug-and-violence-awareness-expo
Please join Al and Kay on April 28th at 12:00PM as they discuss "Ganging Up on Drugs and Violence".